This fudge is incredibly rich, smooth and decadent. A small piece is very satisfying because it’s packed full of whole food goodness. The hardest thing about this recipe is waiting for it to set in the freezer before you get to … Continue reading
These little chocolate gems are simple to make and don’t take much time at all. They’re made with just a few ingredients, all of which I usually have on hand. And they’re perfect to bring to a potluck or serve at … Continue reading
Blueberries are here!
Pick some up at your local farmer’s market to make this delicious, dairy and gluten free blueberry crisp.
Ingredients for the filling
3 cups fresh blueberries
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut sugar
juice of half a lemon lemon zest finely minced
1 tbsp arrowroot flour
Ingredients for the topping
3 tablespoons coconut oil melted (just keep the coconut oil in your measuring cup on top of the stove as it preheats and this will melt your oil)
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 cup quinoa flakes
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar together in a bowl
- Let stand a few minutes, then mix in arrowroot starch
- Pour this mixture into a 9″ round, oven proof baking dish
- Make crisp topping by combining coconut oil, coconut sugar and quinoa flakes together and mix until crumbly
- Spoon on top of blueberries
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake until nicely browned on top, about 15 minutes