This is not your average white chocolate bark. It’s softer than the bark you’re used to and is melt-in-your-mouth yummy. The flavours meld beautifully and the contrast of the creamy white chocolate and crunchy almonds is awesome!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees to toast your almonds
white chocolate almond bark
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (rinse them thoroughly with fresh water after soaking)
1/2 cup cacao butter (I grated it to get small, uniform pieces that blended easily)
1/3 cup refined coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla powder OR 1 tsp pure vanilla
1 cup whole almonds with the skin on
- spread your almonds out onto a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes. Let cool and chop half of them in half or you can leave them all whole
- while your almonds are toasting, prepare the base for your bark by adding all your ingredients except the almonds, to a high powered blender until the mixture is completely smooth. I used a vitamix.
- pour the mixture out onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and spread it out evenly
- toss your almonds evenly on the top
- place your baking sheet into the fridge until the bark is firm enough to break it into pieces. It will be quite soft, that’s the way it should be!
- store the bark in an air-tight container and store in the fridge or freezer. It gets soft fairly quickly at room temperature, so you can serve it right from the fridge or freezer.