This is a recipe I was working on yesterday to go with some of the soups I’ve been experimenting with.
herbed gluten-free crackers
1 1/2 cups quinoa flour
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 tbsp herbes de provence
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp coconut sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
10 tbsp water (that’s just shy of half a cup)
- add the herbes de provence to your food processor and whiz until fine.
- add the sunflower seeds and process until ground.
- add this mixture to a large bowl with the flour, garlic powder, salt and coconut sugar.
- in a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and water and add to the dry ingredients.
- mix together to form a stiff dough.
- transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper.
- add another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out the dough till it’s about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- keep the dough on the parchment paper and transfer the whole lot to a baking sheet.
- score your dough, with a butter knife, into 2″ x 2″ squares.
- bake for about 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- I turned off the oven and left them to harden a bit (check them after about 5 – 10 minutes to ensure they don’t get too dark).
- take them out of the oven and let them cool before breaking them apart.
- These taste really nice with soup or pink grapefruit marmelade (thanks Sarah!)