1/2 cup spelt flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup wild blueberries
2 organic bananas, mashed
1/2 cup almond milk
2 tbsp. organic maple syrup
coconut oil for cooking
- In small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cool.
- In a bowl, stir together spelt flour, baking powder and cooled quinoa. In small bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, almond milk and maple syrup; whisk into quinoa mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan (I recommend a well seasoned, cast iron pan) over low-medium heat. In batches, add batter to pan by generous ¼ cup amounts. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles form on surface and edges are golden; turn and cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve with additional maple syrup, if desired.