Blueberries are here!
Pick some up at your local farmer’s market to make this delicious, dairy and gluten free blueberry crisp.
Ingredients for the filling
3 cups fresh blueberries
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut sugar
juice of half a lemon lemon zest finely minced
1 tbsp arrowroot flour
Ingredients for the topping
3 tablespoons coconut oil melted (just keep the coconut oil in your measuring cup on top of the stove as it preheats and this will melt your oil)
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 cup quinoa flakes
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar together in a bowl
- Let stand a few minutes, then mix in arrowroot starch
- Pour this mixture into a 9″ round, oven proof baking dish
- Make crisp topping by combining coconut oil, coconut sugar and quinoa flakes together and mix until crumbly
- Spoon on top of blueberries
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake until nicely browned on top, about 15 minutes